THE NATURAL GAS
METER SET ASSEMBLY
You Spoke. We Listened.
Demand in the Market
- Quality meter set assemblies
- Pressure testing for safety and quality
- Top notch customer service
- All parts under one roof - except regulator
- The regulator is pressurized to ensure it is the correct regulator and is set properly.
*Not a flowing set point per regulator specification
- The inlet of the meter set assembly is pressurized according to the customer’s
required specification so leaks can be detected.
*We do detect lockup – not at designated pressure
- Joints after the regulator are tested to ensure all joints seal well.
- The outlet side of the meter set assembly is tested at about 40 psi.
A brand new paint line was installed to coat the meter set assemblies. The focus for this new paint line is efficiency, quality paint output, and taking into account the vast volume of meter set assemblies that can be completed.
- Paint Specifications (relates to color and gloss, not to material (paint)):
- Fabrication Paint - 2-part epoxy primer applied by eletrostatic air spray, ANSI 49 gray 2-part Urethane topcoat applied by electrostatic air spray, Approximately 6-10mil total DFT (dry film thickness).
- The paint chosen provides excellent corrosion resistance and durability for this application. Salt spray tests have been performed in order to ensure the protection is acceptable. The paint, along with an efficient process, provides a quality meter set assembly.
- Coating Test Documents
- Salt Spray Test per ASTM B117, measuring failure at 4% rust
- Cleaning specification
- Pipe will be free of chips and debris using a solvent wash per SSPC-SP1 standards
- Protection in paint process (masking, etc.)
- Threads and open ends will be plugged or capped to prevent any paint entering the meter set assembly
- Custom masks will be applied for tags and other areas that need to remain unpainted